1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Flowers Beds w/drip-need more/water/roses

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ed2hess, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If the cultivating breaks spaghetti tubing, it's also likely to damage the emitter tubing itself. You need to re-think your watering approach.
  2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

The fact that you feel that way speaks well of your relationship with your supplier.
  3. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

I kinda agree, here we are....

Drip is unresrricted by rules...though still have time constraints due to large system running off one meter...6 controllers, 6 battery operated timers, 65 zones,1 mile of roadway.meadian islands and beds, 500, 000 sq ft.. each zone can run once per week...12am to 5am and 7pm to 1159pm...drip is unrestricted...adding drip to plants also frees up more watering time for, rotors and sprays...

the push-in emitters will likly win out as we can do those Easily...we have a nice matrix around them already...I only like spagetti tubing for discreet areas on baskets or plants..not beds...
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am not aware of another approach:confused: this is drip spaced closer than recommended. We weed these beds. Some beds have

5. Wet_Boots

That's a natural for my original approach of letting lawn sprinklers spray into flower beds, with low angle heads if needed. :D
  6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

No comment, other than........:hammerhead:
  7. TX Easymoney

Actually prob. Also has that happening...most all these beds were also tied to grass, spray, rotors no problem seemed to be the thinking as long as it gets wet...that's part of why we converted to drip...need more bucks from hoa to hydrozone....working now on trying to get a central control and some sort of wireless mastervalve.. ...:eek:
  8. Wet_Boots

I did call it original approach - which was based on water being cheap cheap cheap, compared to repair bills for busted pipes and heads in bed areas.

And for this thread, it comes down to what manner of watering gets a green light.
  9. TX Easymoney

All for not...city to likly go to further water restrictions...ill be bustin' out our 350 gallon tank and maybe hand watering...actually, busted pipes all repaired by us for free when we do it...only happens once or twice when planting the beds...
  10. Wet_Boots

You can't count on being able to plant a bed without trashing the drip irrigation. It wasn't designed for that capability.