Flowers Beds w/drip-need more/water/roses

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ed2hess, Aug 20, 2013.

1. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Drop one of these bad boys in at each rose. Connect it inline with your drip tube, use the bubbler nozzle and you're set. Now you just have to figure out how to get them from CA to TX.

http://www.rainbird.com/NTseries/index.htm#

2. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Technically, we can't take advantage of the unrestricted category for unlimited watering unless it is drip...bubblers kinda fit, even though micro sprays save water, they will be illegal. ...RAINBIRD also makes a zeri pcm nozzle...low flow for xericaping situations..for a popup..used those in other situations..

Heh...Spanish subtitles

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If drip irrigation gets a better watering window than sprays or rotors, I would think micro-sprays or popups wouldn't be added to emitter lines.

4. TX Easymoney

Good product..thanks for sharing...

5. TX Easymoney

We could water 24/7 on drip...Law says "underground drip"...needs to be changed to include micro sprays etc....like a fool, when I was at the meeting two years ago, I didn't think to suggest mico also.

6. TX Easymoney

The intent was to push folks toward drip/conservation by allowing no restrictions on it...overhead sprays typically get only 55 to 65 percent of water on ground..drip is 90 percent efficient..hence saves water...

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

If the law specifically applies to SDI, then micro sprays don't fit that category as they are just as vulnerable (if not considerably more) to wind drift and evaporation as a conventional spray. SDI at the proper depth essentially eliminates these two losses.

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If the law were modified so that "underground drip" became "drip" then it would allow for various emitter arrangements that are physically stronger than punched-in emitters, like multiple-outlet emitter housings and the like.

9. TX Easymoney

True...mostly the intent was to elimate the large volume loss from popups..micro may have same loss percentage, but volume is reduced..i dont like microsrpays for many reasons...not all micros are same..multistream micro have much larger water droplets and streams..not sure those have high losses

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Yea we have gone down hill in the amount of water and the amount of time we can water. There just isn't any flowers that can go a week and we are finding that when it gets into 100F we almost need to water every day and that is legal with drip. Since our beds have roses and now some other perennials we aren't working stuff like compost into it and now that is another problem.

I think I am just going to take your idea and stick those watering devices
    into the drip tubing. I am now afraid that I might get run0ff. If I take the device back out do they make a plug for the hole?