flowers, trees, and shrub install prices

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mharris, Sep 22, 2005.

1. mharris

mharris LawnSite Member

When you install flowers, trees, and shrubs, do you charge a flat rate per hour or do you charge so much per plant depending on size and how much do you charge? Thanks
  2. jd boy

jd boy LawnSite Member
    from nw ohio

there is no magic answer. you need to figure out an hourly rate that is competitive in you market and makes you money based on your specific overhead.

once you know that magic number you know how much to charge per hour for every man that steps foot on a jobsite.

this man hour rate should be the first thing you calc. when you start a business.
  3. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I generally take the cost of all materials and double it meaning to plant 1 bush that cost $20 it will cost $40 total. Now if it is a larger job I double it then add some kind of delivery charge and if I have helpers I add there wage in there also plus a little to boot.
  4. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

When presenting an estimate, we include:

1) Cost of Materials - List the items.

2) Labour - I usually figure out how long it will take us and give a figure to do the actual work - generally I keep the hourly rate per person and time to myself. Build in a little buffer time for overrun on time. You do have to be fair, though!

Might look like $325.00 for Labour. Price it to make good money!

The old saying.."If you are getting too much work your prices are too low and if you aren't getting enough work, your prices may be too high"!

3) Pick Up and Delivery Charge

4) Disposal Fee (if necessary - disposing of older materials)

5) Taxes

Take care.... :waving: