flowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassyfras, May 16, 2001.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

HEY
    I was thinking about adding a new serivce to my biz. I think im going to plant small flowers for people arounnd treass and in beds. What do you all think? Is it a lucritive service? Any one got any tips for me? How much do you charge for this or is there a formula? thanks grassyfras:blob3:

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey :rolleyes:
    I would say this could be a good income helper, since we aren`t getting any rain and grass is drying up. I did a planting job and charged by the hour, but next time I will bid ths jobs. If you plan to plant a lot of annuals then you might think about getting a power auger, I was thinking there might be a auger bit for my cordless drill this would make the job a lot easier than having to dig all the holes (just planted 380 annuals yesterday,man thats a lot of holes to dig) but I couldn`t rent a power auger.

3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

hey, if you get paid any kinda money its worth wild if the grass stops growing anf you have nothing to do, it will help boast sales and put food on the table when the times are slow.

4. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

We plant about 4,000 annuals in the spring and again in the fall. It's a great money maker. I charge my hourly rate, and charge 1.5 times the cost of the plants.

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

mow money. there is a company that makes augers for power drills. i dont remember the company that makes it, but i saw those people on Hometime using one when they were installing some small flowers in flower beds on tv.

6. crs

crs LawnSite Member

I have found summer and fall annual planting to be a good money maker
    for me. If you plan on doing this a lot it is worth the money to get a Mantis tiller or the Echo version. If you do the beds year after year you can run the tiller though it and then take your hand spade and put the plants in in no time at all.