1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Flubbed my echo trimmer trigger

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lynden-Jeff, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I just accedentally broke off the Top safety switch on my eco (do not fumble with trimmers in the dark!). Is it possible to get replacement triggers? Its the top trigger you need to depress before you can use the throttle trigger.

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Doesn't the manual have a parts breakdown/diagram? I'm sure you would be able to order one...
  3. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo is cheap plastic crap. Exact same thing happened to mine and I know the gas trigger will soon break as well. Cheap crap, other than that it works pretty well. Lucky for me I have a little thing still left that I can press on. Damn it I'm going to tape that down tonight before it comes off to.

4. maxkicker

maxkicker LawnSite Member

omg guys! take the handle apart (3 screws) and just remove the top trigger simple as that and youll never have to worry about that one again
    can anyone think of a reason for that handle on a weedwacker?
  5. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yes and it's a 4 letter word!! OSHA!!!!!!!!!!

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Bingo- just remove it. my guys would break them off putting them in the racks all the time. Will work great without it.
  7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Ah awsome. Will do that lol. Didn't think taking it off would disable it. Cheers guys!

8. shields cutting edge

shields cutting edge LawnSite Member

we bought two new echo weedeaters and that day we was placing them on the weedeater rack and broke one. so we just opened up both plastic covers and finised taking both of them off. works perfect.:clapping:

MTAYLORFFP LawnSite Member

Same thing happened with mine, had used it only one time on my own yard, and only had it a week!!! Home depot sells the replacement trigger... must happen regulary.... They gave me mine for free due to the lengh of time I had it
  10. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought it would disable the trimmer if it was removed also, but I'll try taking it off but not till I finish my weeks lawns. (just in case)