Fluid Film as a truck wax

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by 93Chevy, May 31, 2010.

1. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Last week, I washed my truck and decided to wax it with FF to try it out, as it's also good for the metal. Well, dang, my truck has never turned out so shiny. It's unbelievable. It also covered up a few very minor dings. I've very happy with the results.

My question is...what's the best/efficient way to do this? I used one of those wax applicator pads, like the kind that come in paste wax containers, to apply the FF from a clean 1 gal jug. That worked very well. However, I had a heck of a time buffing it off. I had to go over the whole truck 3 times with different rags because all I could get it to do was smear and streak otherwise. For anybody else that's done this, how do you buff it off, and is there a better way to apply than how I did?

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

The easiest way is to not apply FF to the paint of your truck

3. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

the easiest way is to use the spray gun:weightlifter:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then i used a micro fiber cloth to rub it in

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the dust wipes right off:cool2:

[​IMG]

the pictures don't give the shine justice:( when ur done wiping it off/rubbing it in you can take the rag and wipe down your hand tools and the like:)

[​IMG]

4. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Now that is a beautiful pictorial! Thanks for taking the time to put that up! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

5. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I just used it a mower i am trying to sell. people said it looked repainted. the mower is a 1995 deere front mount. i used a spray can of ff and a kitchen sponge with scrub on one side. i used the soft part, let it sit 20 mins took a dry towel, took only time over with no smears.

only thing i noticed is does attract dust quicker than a regular wax, but with ff all it takes is a dry towl to wipe it off again.

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe I should let it sit longer? I'll try that next time. Maybe I'll also try a micro-fiber towel.

Yeah, I'm happy with how the truck turned out, better than any other wax I've ever used on it.

7. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

get yourself a "california duster" tim. everyone who's anyone who has a "classic car" swears by them. the older/dirtier they get the better they work for gettingt he dust off:drinkup:

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I'll pick one up. Do I need to get one at an auto store, or would Wally World carry something like that? Thanks for the tip.

9. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

we've bought them at both tim. sometimes they have a twin pack where you get the full size one and mini dash duster too:cool2:

10. JoyofFluidFilm

JoyofFluidFilm LawnSite Senior Member

wow, awesome pics!!!!
    you can make a mini story out of that!
    Good job, General!!!!!