fluid film for paintball gun maintenence

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by rb_in_va, Feb 5, 2007.

1. rb_in_va

rb_in_va LawnSite Member
    from VA

I have read that paintball markers need a special oil. Can I use fluid film instead?

2. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Before I commit I'd like to have a bit more information. When you say a paintball marker, what exactly are you referring to?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  3. rb_in_va

rb_in_va LawnSite Member
    from VA

A paintball marker is a paintball gun.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2008
  4. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Or a better question.... Is Fluid Film incompatible with any common 'O' ring material and compressed gasses such as CO2(1200psi),nitrogen,compressed air(4500psi)?

5. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's another idea: If you don't want the paint to stick to a surface, just spray it with Fluid Film before you shoot. It should wipe right off.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  6. rb_in_va

rb_in_va LawnSite Member
    from VA

Wow! Is HPA that much higher than CO2?

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok Some clarification. Fluid film is NOT ok for paintball markers, especially high end. On cheaper guns like spyders, pirahnas, tippmans etc a gun oil made specifically for paintball should be used. I belive that fluid film will not only gum up the valve but could also swell some of the orings. High end pneumatic guns, ions, timmys, protos, shockers should all use dow lubricant like dow33, hater sauce, dye slick lube or similar. Also co2 has a pressure of around 800 psi at the output. A 4500 psi carbon fiber tank also has an output regulated pressure of 800, the 4500 just means that the tank can hold XX Cubic inches at 4500 psi.

Cheers
    Jeff

8. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

No offense to fuild film but I wouldn't use it as a lube for markers. For a truck yes but something like WGP or a AGD no.

Sad story I lent out one of my AGD Automag's to a friend. Told him to clean it and oil when he was done. He ended up using WD40 to oil it and ended up having the valve rebuilt at the factory.

9. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

well to the guy who sez that tippmanns are a low end marker you better watch what you say they are a low price marker but my son will put mine his against any $1000 marker. as for lube for markers gold cup is the best for o rings that move but for rings that stay put a good light coat of sleek is the best its a very good light grease and my son knows alot of pro speed ballers and he is a woods baller and sppl member and they swear by gold cup and sleak

10. rb_in_va

rb_in_va LawnSite Member
    from VA

To be fair he said cheaper, not low end. There is a difference. Funny how tippys get defended to heavily!:) I will use only oil and grease specifically intended for paintball markers!