Fluid Film

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drivefaster35, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I just got my free sample can and was wondering for those of you putting it on the underside of your deck how often do you re apply it and how well did it work for you?

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I re apply it every few days...maybe it's overkill but it seems to work better that way for me. Fluid Film works great! Its very good stuff

3. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

Great for spreaders.

4. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Spreaders? really? whats the big advantage of that never really had a problyem with fert sticking or anything.

5. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

The biggest reason I use Fluid Film is not its non-stick properties, but its ability to inhibit the formation of rust.

Great for the undercarriage of your truck too. ;-)

6. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

The number one function of Fluid Film is to stop corrosion. It will stop the effects of salts, fertilizers and pesticides on all metals. With no solvent content, Fluid Film's lanolin base imbeds into the pores of metal, creating a non-drying barrier than prevents oxidation.

Because it won't evaporate or get gummy or sticky, Fluid Film is also an excellent lubricant. It works especially well as a chain lube, where dust and dirt are an issue. Without the tackiness associated with solvent based lubricants, dirt will not build on top of itself.

Lastly, Fluid Film can be used as a penetrating oil or as a release agent, helping to keep grass from clumping under mower decks or loads from sticking in dump boxes. As a penetrating oil, it is going to take a little longer to work, since it has a heavier body than most penetrating oils.

The list of applications is almost endless. Check out our website at www.eurekafluidfilm.com for specific applications.

7. PopsLawnService

PopsLawnService LawnSite Member

I use it on just about everything. But have never tried it under my deck. what is it supposed to do?

8. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

It will help keep the grass from clumping. It is not a miracle cure but it will work, especially when used regularly.

9. PopsLawnService

PopsLawnService LawnSite Member

Thnaks for the info. I might give it a try next time I have to mow a damp yard.