Fluid Film!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IN2MOWN, May 9, 2007.

1. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Last week in KC we got 8 inches of rain! Its been swampy as ever here and its been raining on and off for the last 3 days. Next week we are supposed to get some more.

I bought a couple cans of Fluid Film from my dealer and sprayed my deck.

This stuff works wonders keeping the grass off it.

I recommend it to everyone who is mowing through some wet stuff!

2. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the plug!!!

3. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

I am still waiting for my sample from last season!!!!

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

OK, I hear that "it works great" and "it doesn't work worth a poo" when talking about fluid film on the deck to reduce grass buildup.

That's it, next time I have to mow wet grass I'm going to get the deck clean and soak it down with FF to see for myself:)

5. DOLMARatOS

DOLMARatOS LawnSite Member

Don't forget your string trimmers!

Spray Fluid Film on your shield (top and bottom), lower part of the shaft. I also recomend giving a squirt inside your bump-feed head, helps prevent weldng of the line and keeps things moving easy so that you only have to bump your head once!

6. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Got my sample last week, sprayed the deck and all seems to be "stick free" I'll see how it looks after I cut tomorrow. I'll give it a shot on my trimmer as well. I may end up ordering some up to keep in the arsenal :)

7. pencap43

pencap43 LawnSite Member

hey guys!! i have never used fluid film, but i have read so many good things about the product...i was just wondering how to get a free sample to see how good it really works?

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

PM Dano50 with your name and address and he'll mail you a sample.

9. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Been raining tons here almost 8in in a week and today was the first day that was viable for mowing so i stopped by the JD dealer and picked up 2 cans it worked good i sprayed it under my grasshopper deck and it lasted about 2 hours befor i noticed some grass sticking under the deck and falling off in big chunks. I was pleased wiht 2 hours this grass was soaking wet where you would cut it and see the haze/mist come out of the discharge from the water that was on the grass. Stopped sprayed another coat and it lasted the rest of the day i like this stuff