Flush Mount Truck Box

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ryan41, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

Merry Christmas! My dad bought me a flush mount truck box for Christmas. I was wondering how do you install these? It did not come with any hardware and i would prefer not to drill to the bed of the truck. Let me know any suggestions you may have.

Thanks, have a great day!

[​IMG]

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I may be wrong but I think them types just sit down in the bed. You could aways put down that rubberized non slip stuff though. Like the toolbox drawer liners

3. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

I read a few forums that people use J hooks? I'm just kinda worried about someone stealing it.

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I'd probably use J bolts. Drill a hole in each corner through the bottom of the tool box and the bottom of the bed. Stick the J bolt in with the J end in the tool box, then use a washer and lock nut on the bottom. Before your drill check and make sure you can access the bottom side. Make sure your hole is close enough to the edge of the box that the hook end can hit the edge and prevent it from spinning as you tightening it from the bottom. I guess you could use some silicone or something to seal the bolt holes to try and keep water from getting in the box.

5. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I would screw it to the front of the bed, behind the cab.You may need a spacer so the lid can open, dont worry about drilling in the bed, just silicone the hole or a touch of spray paint or even wd-40 on the hole just to prevent rust. Two self taping sheet metal screws should do it. Hope this helps.