Flyer Advertisement

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SellOut, Jul 5, 2005.

1. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Hello! This is my first post on Lawnsite.com, though I've been lurking on the boards for some time now. :D Very useful site!

Now, down to the questions--

1. Once you've advertised in a neighborhood, how long do you wait before re-advertising in it?

2. I'm looking to design an ad that's 1/2 a page wide, that way I can get two flyers from each piece of paper I print. My question is, how do I attach these to a potential customers door? Tape?

Thank you. :help:

2. AMount

AMount LawnSite Member

For flyers that we actually made, we stapled a small rubber band on to the corner of the flyer. Worked okay I guess. Easy on, and easy off for the homeowner.

3. jason1978

jason1978 LawnSite Member

Just stick them in the door jam.

4. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

#1 I usually wait a year but have done sooner
    #2 We also use the half sheet flyers and fold them in half with print side out and just slide them in the door jam.

5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

we pass 5000 out a month to the same houses month after month, with specials on them. We stick them inbetween the door jam, if the screen door is locked then we put them in the handle, if there is no handle then under the floor mat, if no floormat then put a rock on top of it by the footstep of the door. If theres a will, theres a way!

6. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

That's a good idea! I'll try that. Except, I plan on making 5-10 thousand flyers, so that could get quite tedious. :rolleyes:

Other than that, I think I'll just put them in the door jam!

Thanks for the tips, guys! :cool:

7. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Do you still get new costumers? I figure if you passed out flyers monthly, everyone who wanted your service would have had it by now.

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

yes i still get new customers. Every month has a new special, so when they see that offer they call... Plus in order to get new customers you have to advertise several times. Just look at tv, you see a coke commercial 10times a week sometimes, im sure that has influenced people to switch brands somehow or another. Repeat advertising is a must in my book of business

9. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

I also believe this. Try to saturate your business name in their head, so when they think of landscaping/lawn maintenance they automatically think of you. I was thinking more like re-advertising every 3-4 months.

OK, I got more questions-- (Sorry)

1. What kind of paper do you print your ad's on?

2. Black and white or in color?

10. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

cheap white

color