Flyer Advertising: Residual customers, a full year later

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mdvaden, Jul 28, 2007.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

As I"ve written many times, flyers work great for us.

We get immediate work. Sometimes after they visit our website address on it - others just call.

This last week, I picked up 3 new customers from flyers distributed over one year ago. And plenty of calls have come in-between too.

Just black on white paper, as usual.

2. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

Hows about posting a copy of that there flyer?

3. mdvaden

I'll look for it. But I know that I revamped a lot of it last month and didn't finish. So I'm not sure if the entire previous file is saved.

It's nothing "dazzling" by any stretch of the imagination - very plain and simple. But it just seems to get the job done. The flyer is designed to steer people to the website, not the phone. And if they do all their own work, the website is a good reason to store our name for their friends down the line (like I wrote on the link above). I'd imagine that a landscaper with excellent graphic design skills could do even better yet..

Maybe I can find it before hitting "post" :dancing:

Found it. Haven't spell checked this one yet.

My estimation is that I'm getting 1 customer per 20 flyers, by the time two years has expired, due to residual and referrals. And about 1 customer per 40 flyers, in the first week to month.

Attached Files:

4. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive noticed this to but not a year! Ive passed out about 200+ flyers this summer, I have 9 yards and still get calls from places i passed out 5-6 weeks ago....

5. mdvaden

In other words, its working very well for you too :)

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I actually got a call this spring from a flyer I passed out in 2002...I know this because that was the year I started up and I hit this particular area one time back then, and then decided it was a little too far out, so I never flyered there again. I can't believe how long some people hold onto them. I get usually one or two calls a year from 'old' flyers.

7. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks! do you all just slide them under the door or what?

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have posted them at the entrance of housing complexes....

the big ones... and it always surprises me, several months later people call and say they seen it there,

very cheep advertiseing

9. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

Are you guys posting signs in your yards too? I have picked up several calls just from the 4-5 signs I have up. I'm putting up more in the fall or probably early spring of next year. People actually get to see your finished "product" (the yard) with you advertising with a sign. I bet it catches the eye of more people.

10. bahamamills

bahamamills LawnSite Member

Mario,

Did you send this out via mail, hand them out or post them at different locations.