Flyer advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ajsherco290, Feb 19, 2006.

1. ajsherco290

ajsherco290 LawnSite Member

Hi, I'm new and my goals for this mowing season is to get about 10 customers. if you could give me some criticism on my flyer, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

- EDGE
    - CLEAN UP

ALL FOR $30.00

CALL NOW 770 781-4178
  2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Are you offering this $30 price for any size yard. In addition, the bi-weekly section of the offer. In sounds like you are trying to encourage people to sign up for the bi-weekly rather than the weekly. Is this the case? If so, I have to ask the reasoning???

If I were you I would try to encourage people to sign up for the weekly cutting. Finally, the word clean up may be a little vague. I know what you are referring too. However, to Joe homeowner clean up may mean that you will pick up all the debri in their yard. This is JMO. BTW/Welcome to LS and good luck with your biz!:)
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

The flyer and the pricing looks like something a 14 year old would come up with... :eek:
  4. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

I would definitely have to agree. It sounds like a little kid made this flyer. Also if you are going to put prices on a flyer, you have to be specific what type (size) of lawn this applies to. Unless you really mean $30 for any type of lawn. If thats the case, Good Luck. Also, bi-weekly lawns is something that you want to NOT push, most of the time bi weekly lawns end up being a pain because you end up double cutting them just to make them look good. So if you have to do a lawn every other week, make sure that you charge accordingly (meaning more b/c it takes more time).

5. ajsherco290

ajsherco290 LawnSite Member

I'm 17. i wasn't sure if once a week was too often or not.

if i cut it once a week, how should i change the price?
  6. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Pricing really depends on a lot of things. Your expenses, Your profit margin, your market, and size of lawns. I would definitely sell the weekly accounts though. Sometimes for some lawns weekly is to often in the middle of the hot summer. However, for the most part weekly is good.
  7. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

The price is not totally dependent on how often you cut it. It depends on the size of the yard, b/c you cant charge $30 for a yard that takes 20 mins. and also charge $30 for a yard that takes 2 hours. If you do, you wont stay in business too long.

8. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

What does cleanup in your term mean?
    Price is to low even for 1/4 acre.
    If you want to get only 10 customers just go knock on doors and talk to family and friends I think you will get better results that way. Good Luck!:waving:
  10. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

Im not to big on your 1/2 price strategy toward picking up customers when you can pick up just as many customers while charging full price. Dont be so quick to give away your services and be carefull not to pigeonhole yourself as the budget cut kid just to get them on your schedule because they will take advantage of your inexperience to run you around the block a few times.
    Grow slow and be intelligent with your growth. I know your just trying to give an incentive to drum up business and your young (which is an advantage in itself) so good luck with your biz and work hard at it.