Flyer Advice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Resiak, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

If the use of tape is being considered, door knobs or any glass available are good attaching points.
    Suggest use of blue colored 'Painter's Tape' less adhesive, easier to peel off.

2. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

I tried masking tape, but found that less adhesiveness means it can fall off, as well, especially in high humidity. Right now I'm using Scotch tape on the door knobs.

3. Tidycut

Tidycut LawnSite Member

First, let me say that Rustic Goat and bruces have given some very good input.

IMO, the use of the words *free* and *time* shouldn’t be used together. I don’t think implying that the customer has time to spend freely is really what you what to say. Instead, perhaps refocus on the value of time and make their time worth something. Give the potential customer something to think about. For instance, Saturday morning could be better spent with family and friends instead of pushing that beat up 21” push mower around the yard.

Maybe –

Tired of spending valuable time on hot and exhausting lawn maintenance?
    Relax, allow Fidelity Lawn Service to help.

Rick

4. Resiak

Resiak LawnSite Member

Thanks, I made it with Adobe Photoshop.

Ooh, I like that a lot! What does everyone els think?

Yeah they have. Thank you Rustic Goat and Bruces & everyone els that helped.
    Dan

5. Resiak

Resiak LawnSite Member

I definitely like the first line. But not sure about the second one.. Seems like it's cut short or something. Do you guys think I should use, "Relax, allow Fidelity Lawn Service to help maintain your lawn" or "Relax, allow Fidelity Lawn Service to help." or "Relax, allow Fidelity Lawn Service to maintain your lawn."?

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

The last phrase, IMO!

MATT

7. Resiak

Resiak LawnSite Member

I agree.

8. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

I'd bullet the list of services and move them to the left side of the column, easier to read.
    Printing on a home printer is likely to end up costing more than taking in a proof and having them printed.

9. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe you can get color copies cheaper Mike, but here it costs almost $1 a page. I'm not sure how many pages my pringer would print off a $40 color cartridge, but I bet it's more than 40, and that's not considering ink refills.

10. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

from a printing business. Depends on how many you're doing of course. Color copies are .79 at Office Depot here.
    As to the home printer, depends on how much ink is on each page, if you have graphics I bet you don't get 40 to a refill.....
    Not to mention the quality is not even close to a pro job.
    Not to mention what happens if they get wet, if you're using an ink jet.;)