1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Flyer/ brochures Wanted ! I'll even send you an envelope

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KindGardener, Jan 26, 2001.

1. KindGardener

KindGardener LawnSite Member

I really need more business. I've gotten "referrals" (a few) from existing customers, but I can use more accounts now. I mow 50+ yards each week, and can use another 20.
    (at that point I can also drop the few accounts that suck).

I read the recent posts about flyers (saw the sample from Lewis, thanks!) I've decided to distribute them to the streets I want work in, attaching a "testimonial letter" (already talked with several customers - they all said "sure").

Now I just have to create it. So...
    I'm willing to send a stamped/self-addressed envelope to anyone who has a flyer they're willing to share. If you can email one... so much the better.

Thanks, in advance. This site has been awesome.
  2. KindGardener

KindGardener LawnSite Member

Hello? I'd REALLY appreciate help on this...

I am working on laying out my brochure - I'd like to have on or two brochures/flyers that look good to give to the layout person at the printer.
  3. Garry

Garry LawnSite Member

As far as brochures are concerned, fear not, it's obvious you have a computer, all you simply need is a "brochure software". We have a huge flower show coming up in a couple of weeks, I'm introducing my new company. I purchased, for less than $30., software entitled, Print Shop, by Broderbund. You would not believe how easy it was to produce professional looking brochures. I produced 2,500, which I had to take to a professional printer to copy. But, you're only looking for a couple of hundred, which you can easily do on your own printer. I would advise anyone in this field that wants to do even the slightest professional advertizing, to invest in this software. It's absolutely incredible!

G. William Lamar
  4. Bryan McMullen

Bryan McMullen LawnSite Member

I have printshop also and my flyers and brochures look awesome,I even made businesse cards with it.I should not say I my wife helped me out alot.I drew up on paper what I wanted it to look like and what I wanted it to say and she put one of the properties I do in the middle and it looke great.