Flyer Color

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by suprman9019er, Dec 12, 2006.

1. suprman9019er

suprman9019er LawnSite Member

So im getting ready to have my spring glyers printed up and i was trying to pick out what color paper they should be printed on. The flyer will just be in black ink and im am debating between either lime green, a light yellow, or a bright orange...? Let me know what you guys think or have done in the past
  2. Firefighter1428

Firefighter1428 LawnSite Member

Ive printed up alot of my flyers on green paper. It really goes with my logo and layout of my flyer.I have also thrown in some Orange flyers here in there, sp. if Im hitting the same areas over and over again. The first batch (March) is green, Second batch (May) I go with orange or another bright color then the third batch (July) I go back to the green flyer.
  3. suprman9019er

suprman9019er LawnSite Member

ahh i like the idea of switching up the colors with each batch...thank you very much
  4. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

The universal color around here for garage sales is pink. Yes it stands out but.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

One thing to keep in mind when doing this. The bright colors are cool. They look good from a distance, stand out, and are very noticeable. Thisis good for getting peoples' initial attention...such as walking out of a supermarket, or something. However, careful. They also strain the eyes when reading off of. If these are flyers that are goimng to individuals, then this could be a slight - even subliminal turn-off to a potential customers. As a matter of fact, in the right light, or the right light transition, a person MAY not even continue reading the thing if the first 4 or 5 words don't get their attention and their eyes strain even a little from the color. Go with subtle colors that are easy to read. Think RESUME. This is sort of like what a flyer is. Use an easy to read, bold fonts. My flyers will be built for comfort. Soft, and easy on the eyes.
  6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Exactly. I use white or some off-white color.

If you want to add color to the flyer, use a picture or your logo.
  7. Doug Z.

Doug Z. LawnSite Member

I use a dark green, heavy paper. My print is in black, and it really looks more professional that the white, or bright colors.
    Ive had a lot of good feedback from it.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would have to agree that the green wouldn't be too long as it isn't the flourescent, of course lol. Like I say,...something that isn't loud on the eyes.... This is a good subject. It's funny how something so simple can really be a biyt more complex when yoy think ahead about it and plan for it...especially when you're doing thousands of them. Another thing to consider about the dark green paper, is that it's going to have a "hidden" connotation,...again, that subliminal thing that people don't really think about, but is there.
  9. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I use yellow. Not a bright florescent type of yellow, but a little on the golden side. They really stand out well and are easy to read off of.

I like the idea of different colors for different times of the year.