Flyer/coupon

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ksland, Nov 3, 2002.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I don't usually like to "discount" as a way of advertising but for leaf cleanups lets face it its no brainer grunt work and whoever gives a good price gets more work.What do you think of this.

image1.jpg

2. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

The flyer /coupon loooks good and should get you some business. So you would also pick up bags of leaves, piles of leaves or leaves blown out to the curb?

You must have an excellent system and a good facility for disposal!

I'm usually so tired by this point that there is no way I would offer a discount.

OOPS...just saw your other post. You do have a very nice looking setup. I am jealous, my dream is to find a decent one ton diesel dump...Not much to choose from around here.

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not saying its the most ethical thing.....BUT a lot of companies use this method to make people "Think" they're getting a deal when they're not.

Just because you say its 15% doesn't mean it is unless you already quoted them prices, know what I mean?

Who's to say your not jacking your prices up 15% and bringing them back down to normal?

4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

maybe you could offer something beside just a 15% discount on the fall cleanup. how about a certain % off next years mowing contract with the purchase of this years fall cleanup. or first mowing (or first 2, depending on their yard) mowings half off next year when they pay for this years fall cleanup...

just a thought, this is something i'm toying with right now

:p

5. ksland

The discount applies to only customers who want a full cleanup. So, people who pile their own leaves and just want a pickup receive no discount, and because of that it seems to help upsell the whole cleanup. This way it advertises for a couple things yet discounts only 1.

I am also toying here. Haven't really put them into circulation yet . I am thinking of putting it in a local newspaper. If I did that I would have to add "new customers only" on it so I dont get my regulars trying to save $$.

6. Could get kind of messy offering discount to new customers and making your regulars pay more.
    As an old customer it wouldn't make me happy. Thats one reason I stay away from discounts/coupons.

7. ksland

Yes, good point. That should only be a problem if I put it in a newspaper. If I selectively post them different places the very few customers that may see it, and do ask I suppose I would give them discount. I doubt there would even be 2

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Tell your regulars they can get the discount if they get you a referral.