Flyer Critique

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by unlimted01, Dec 25, 2007.

1. unlimted01

unlimted01 LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    I just finished up workin on a homemade flyer and i wanted to see what yall thought

Flyer.jpg

2. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I have literally been staring at this picture for 3 minutes in awe. That is the nicest flyer I have ever seen. I hope your sending that as a high quality postcard or maybe even using a marketing service with nice posters in good locations. Once again, very very nice, good work!

If you do it as a postcard, I would keep that picture on the front, with your logo, and put your services on the back.

3. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

This is a very nice flyer. However, since you are asking for honest feedback, here is what I recommend.

Spread your logo and slogan the entire length of the flyer. After awhile people will associate the logo and slogan with the name after a while. Brand recognition is important in this business. You want to make sure that you throw that in potential customers faces. You might not get a second chance.

DJ

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Nice job....I think the name of business and telephone numbers should be larger and did you put email address? No sure what that comet flying thru the top of the picture means....am I missing something?

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Looks good. But it seems like something is missing from the top of the flyer....too much space. Maybe move the slogan (Bring your yard....) to the top and put your logo and tag line where the slogan is currently at.
    That is a pic off of gopher isn't it? Did you just put it in a word doc? It looks good for a homemade flyer.

6. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that a mullet?

7. unlimted01

Thanks guys and yea that is a pic that came off of gopher. I done the flyer completely in publisher. Ill repost after I make some changes as suggested.

8. unlimted01

What do yall think now keep the ideas comin
    *The words aren't really in the picture they are above it*

Flyer1.jpg

9. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I would agree that the contact info should be more noticable, and the house looks kinda "cut and pasted" but overall I think it's a killer design. It's nice to see guys who put a little creativity into their advertising.

10. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Hahaha, how about a house with some LANDSCAPING???