Flyer Critique

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by J.Henderson, Feb 12, 2002.

1. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

This is my first attempt for a flyer. It may be a little rough.

Attached Files:

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

it says something to the effect of make it trimmer on the other side. something about that just doesnt sound right.

3. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

Thats what I mean about being rough....What is a better phrase for trimmer

4. That looks real familiar......hmmmmmm

Attached Files:

5. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Those two do look similar - template maybe?

I'm not a big fan of exclamation marks!!!!! At least not a bunch of them. But that's my personal taste, and who knows if that means anything to the market at large?

I'm wondering about 'trimmer' also. I think I get what you're trying to say, but am struggling to come up with something better. What are all the attributes of a lawn you maintain? Greener? More lush? Thick? Full? Clean, neat in appearance? Try to turn that into a new splash line.

I looked in the dictionary and trimmer (adv) is a word, but it seems just a bit awkward in this case.

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Jeff, "Greener". The grass is GREENER on your side of the fence.

7. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

J, I would remove the snow removal, unless you are expecting another significant accumulation before spring. This could leave room for Apps if you are going to do them, Aeration, Dethaching,....

just a thought.

jf

8. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

I would NEVER write ANYTHING that even HINTED @ the fact that I might not be there at their disposal ( whether I am or not) EVER,EVER,EVER.....it shows low self esteem.
    :D REMEMBER.......you are THE MAN.:cool:
    You take care of things and remain @ the top every minute of the day. You are cool, calm, and collected under all conditions.
    NEVER show ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!

:cool: peace:cool:

9. Groundsguy.....who are you talking to?

10. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Allright jeff im going to be a little rough on ya b/c ii wish someone would have been a little rough with my first flyers many years ago..... First I wouldnt put your Adress on any flyer unless you have an office building, u dont want crazy people driving by your house and u want it to look as professional as possible. Second, dont have them fill anything out!! make it as user friendly as posible, put your # in huge font at the bottom so its very visible. Third, colors are important... u want something thats going to catch the customers eye and intice them to read more. Fourth, Pick a logo and stick it on your ad. last but not least have a printing company help u with the design and print, it will look a lot more professional Heres a pic of the flyer im currently using:) it kind of got distorted when i scaned it... good luck!

flyer 2001.jpg