1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Aleman, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

Im getting ready to get my flyers made up and am curious if you guys have noticed a difference in results by the quality of the flyer. For instance, is it worth it to get a two color flyer made for a couple hundred dollars more vs just printing black text on colored paper. I figure 1 account would more than make up the dofference but I would like the opinions of the guru's.....:D
  2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

plain and simple, I feel you will get out of them what you put into them, and like you said, if you get just 1 client from them, they are paid for.

I made up some real nice door hangers last year for aerating season, and got compliments and comments on how people called me just because the flyer looked so much better than the other 10 they got.

I'd say go for it.
    Good luck, let us know how they worked
  3. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Color flyers are always going to be more eye catching than black and white. If one account will make up the difference then I say do it.

Woulld you consider posting a copy of your aerating flyer? I've seen some of your work on other flyers that are impressive and I'd like to see what you came up with for aerating.
  4. twins_lawn_care

Hey Wells,
    No Problem.
    Here first is the one I made from last year...

Attached Files:

5. twins_lawn_care

and here is my new design for this year.

I personally feel much easier to read, and more professional.
    let me know what you guys think

Attached Files:

6. ToddS

ToddS LawnSite Member

Spreaking of what colors to use, my business card is orange with black lettering. I want to attach this card to my flyers, but not sure what colored paper to use for the flyers so that the business card and flyers look god together. Any suggestions? The orange is exactly the color of the Philadelphia Flyers colors. (I'm a Flyers fan obviously)

The door hangers look great by the way

7. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

They both look very professional, great job as usual.
  8. twins_lawn_care

Anyone else got comments on the door hangers?
    I'd love some input, as I have not printed them yet.
    Will be going in to print them next week.
    Thanks Everyone
  9. yardsurfer

yardsurfer LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

I'm thinking about using Green and Blue as my primary colors.
  10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

TLC......"family morals"???.....not sure if I would use that as a selling point. No offense, just never seen that used before.