Flyer Distributing Company?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GravelyGuy, Feb 20, 2008.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

What should I look under in the phone book to find someone to distribute my flyers?

Have you guys had good luck with this? Do you trust this?

I always get busy in the spring and I never have the time to pass out near as many as I had wanted to.

2. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Thanks for moving the thread, sorry.

I am looking through the phonebook under distribution services with no luck. I was thinking about posting an ad in the paper, but I don't know how that would work out.

3. Litehouse Beacon

Litehouse Beacon LawnSite Member

Gravely Guy,
    I have had pretty good luck using Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts in the areas that I want to flyer. They like earning the money for their packs/troops. I pay a penny a piece for each flyer and their leaders watch over them to insure proper delivery. Also they have a lot more energy for the door to door. Look up your local council and ask them what pack/troop leaders to contact. A lot of areas can be covered in one weekend if you cordinate with several packs/troops.

4. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

5. DiGiTLawncare

DiGiTLawncare LawnSite Member

a Penny.... they actually did this? That means for 10,000 flyers you paid them 100 bucks? Man if they are getting out you are getting a deal! I mean thats like someone is making $1.20 an hour if they are getting out 120 of them. THATS CRAZY!

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have used them before, " in the Dallas area" sad to say there is none where I'm at now.

it's the only way to fly,

they run routes, if you hire them they may not get to your route for a couple of weeks, they put out several at the same time. once I seen them leave 7 at each door,

you can allways go and check there work to see if the flyers are there.

puting out so many at once some dont like it...... It has it's pros and cons

Good luck

7. BLC1

BLC1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Yeah, a penny a piece is very cheap. Did they have any problem doing it for that price?

8. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

Be very careful about who you use to put out fliers. If I were you I would stick to the kids and boy scouts etc. At least you could keep up with their productivity. I used a company here in Dallas to put out 10,000 fliers in my target area. I think I got about 30 calls. Last year I only put out 5,000 and had about 60 calls. I seriously doubt some companies put out all those fliers.

I have put out fliers myself here in Dallas and on several occasions I have found 2 and 3 fliers on one door. Last year I called a local lawn company to let them know that I had found some of there fliers that were being put out wrong. He gladly told me who they were using and it was the same people that I had used before.

Not that all the companies are bad but when you turn over 10,000 fliers and pay about 1,000 for them to be put out you just have to hope they are doing it.

9. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

I don't like the idea of them putting like 5 different flyers out with mine. It's turning out to be just like everything else in life, if you want it done right do it yourself.

I think I am just going to find the most effective way to distribute and have friends and family help out.

Too bad I don't have a kart like you lol.

10. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

When I said there were 5 fliers on a door I didn't mean 5 different fliers. I mean of the same. That is what I saw some companies doing here. The most I saw was 5 on one door. Instead of doing one they just rolled up like 5 and put it on the door. Then when the van comes around to pick them up they can say hey I got all my fliers done. When in really they didn't.

This year I am using my guys to put out fliers and I have my fliers bundled into 150s. That way they don't get 500 fliers at a time and come back and say all done when they might have trashed them. 150 each is enough for me to keep track of them.

On the car thing... yeah it worked good. I only really didn't cause I just didn't have the money to pay any of my guys yet. In one hour they can only put out 100. I cold put out 100 in 40 min or less and it would only cost me my time and some flags.