Flyer distribution company

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kc2006, Apr 28, 2005.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Just got off the phone with a local company that will sit down with me and map out everywhere I want flyers to go. The cost is pretty cheap I think, its $.04 a flyer, so 40 dollars per 1000 flyers. This would save me time from having to do it and I personally don't like passing flyers out. The only draw back is the flyer is put in a bag with other flyers. The sales rep assured me that no other lawncare company flyers would be in when I have them delieverd and said he would make it so my flyer is on top in the bag (first one people would see). What do you guys think of this idea? Would you go for it or not? I might have them do 3000 flyers just to see what the response is, also going to be doing some direct mailing to the same areas and see what i get the better response from, just this is a whole lot cheaper then direct mail. Thanks for the input guys (& girls).

2. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

what's the name & phone number

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Consumer Communication Service, 330-759-4400, I believe they only service around here (Youngstown area, mahoning county).

4. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I would test it and see. Just because yours is on top, there is a 50% chance it will be on the bottom (if the whole package is turned over. Here they want 16.5 cents for each door hanger hung so the pricing is good, just a matter of your response rate. I have been averaging about 3 jobs per thousand, but my pricing is on there so thats half the battle

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Kurt--Thats a great idea right there since you said that the paper comes out every Saturday...Try it and see how many calls you get,remember the season started so a lot of people have someone in place already.

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I would give it a shot for 4 cents a flyer. I was using a company that does the same thing (in a bag) for 2.5 cents per flyer. Problem is, he's been in business for awhile, a lot of LCOs have started using his services. Another LS member checked out one of his packets and found 9 or 10 other LCO flyers in there. I was wondering because the response this year is much, much less than when I used him a couple years back. For 4 cents and a guarantee that you're the only lawn flyer in there, I would definitely try it out.

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi kc2006,

I think it would be good to try out as well. Please let us know how it works after.