1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Flyer Distribution Cost?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by threetrails, Aug 9, 2010.

1. threetrails

threetrails LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I am just getting going this fall, and thought I would start out with some "leaf removal" jobs.

I put together a flyer, and have gotten a couple of prices from services that will deliver these.

What have you all paid in the past for the delivery of door flyers?

Just trying to gauge my expenses....
  2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Just walk around yourself and hand them out, that what most do anyway. This way you will save money, instead of paying someone to do it, unless you are handing out like 5,000 then you might need help.
  3. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Hell on Blades

Hell on Blades LawnSite Senior Member

2 15 year olds , $8 per hour --- 10 if they run while doing it.
  5. Georgia Lawn Works LLC

Georgia Lawn Works LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what I'm talking about.

A good Idea if you already have some accounts is send people to that area and just blanket that area within a 1/2 mile radius. This way if you have any accounts that are alone you may be able to pick some more up and cut down on expenses and travel time.

Thats what we are focusing on right now. Theres no way i'm going to try to succeed in this buisness when i'm charging the customer more than my hourly rate to try to compensate for fuel or just for being 30 minutes away.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010