flyer distribution question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by PRO PROPERTY CARE, Feb 13, 2003.

1. PRO PROPERTY CARE

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

Ok , when you guys put your flyers out.
    Do you mail them or hand deliver. If you hand deliver, is it ok just too put them in the mail box. I guese what i mean , is there any laws about putting them in mailboxs.
    Some properties I want to get flyers too are very large and the house is very far from the road, but the mailbox is right there.
    I dont believe in knocking on doors, I know I hate that at my house. Generally i say no thanks and shut the door.

thanks
    :dizzy:

2. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Try having your local newspaper distribute them inside their paper. That's what I'm doing. My paper will do it for about $38.00 per thousand -- printed.

I can't comment on the laws in Canada -- but in US it is completely illegal to put naything without correct postage ina mailbox!

- jeff hamons
    Hamons Custom Landscaping
    Overland Park, KS

3. iclgs

iclgs LawnSite Member

Yes it is illegal to put them in mailboxes. I too have put flyers in the lcal paper. Our local paper charges $250 for distribution of 6500 flyers

Door hangers work well to!!

Aza

4. PRO PROPERTY CARE

so, its ok too hang one on the door, or put it in the handle. But not in the mail box....

bummer

5. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

yup.

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

My helper is going to hang door hangers. I told him that I would give him $20 for each signed customer. I am then going to put my flier in a baggy with about a half cup grass seed (mainly to weight it down) and then place them at the bottom of the mailbox post.....that's legal, unless someone considers it littering.

MATT

7. PRO PROPERTY CARE

I like the grass seed idea, alot of the homes i want to get a flyer to have football size front yards. Alot of walking.
    that would save some leather on the shoes.

:dizzy:

8. PRO PROPERTY CARE

ooooooooops,,,, thats supposed to say "football field size front yards"
    fingers are faster than my mind.....lol...:dizzy:

9. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

If you are walking and dropping off the flyer or door hanger and not knocking on the door, doorhangers are hands down faster and easier to distribute. I have tried both, the flyer always gets bent up and there in no good place to put them. If you put them inside the storm door they will fall and blow around. If they don't have a storm door then you have to lay it on the ground and hope the wind does not blow it away. Door hanger are much easier to carry and look more professional than a wrinkled or folded up flyer.

good luck

10. LawnCrafters

LawnCrafters LawnSite Member

If the mailboxes have those cubby holes for news papers under them, you can put fliers in there.