flyer distribution

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rwatson, Feb 17, 2006.

1. rwatson

rwatson LawnSite Member

Since I no longer want to be illegal and put flyers anywhere near or on the mailbox...where do you (legally) put flyers at residences that is effective? I'm using heavy cardstock paper cut into 4 squares per 8x11 sheet. thanks for any info.

2. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 LawnSite Member

I put my flyers in the storm door, but i try to talk and hand the flyers directly to the person.

3. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Have you ever tried to talk to people when you passed out fliers? I cant imagine trying to do that, I have so many people open their front doors when I put doorhangers out rip the hanger off the door and slam the door. Just curious about how many people get mad when you try talk to them.

4. Mike_NTx

Mike_NTx LawnSite Member

I'll put them on the door handle or screen door somehow. As for those folks that open the door and rip them off, well you can't help the fact that they are unhappy people. Just put out as many as you can and move on to the next one. Flyers are all about numbers and how many you can flood an area with.

5. Newbie07

Newbie07 LawnSite Member

I just handed out 300 fliers, I folded them into thirds and then i simply put them in the door jams, i see you are in Texas so i presume the doors will be alike

Travis

6. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I use Door hanger's, I just laugh when someone acts like a jerk when I pass them out. I just figure for every 100 I'm looking for 1 or 2 people to say yes, and the rest say not yet. but there are a few that you would never want anyway. they are the ones that rip the flyer off and slam the door.

7. rwatson

rwatson LawnSite Member

indyturf, i have been wanting to get doorhangers. i think they are much more professional, but i haven't been able to get the $ together yet. what price range (and quantity) did you get yours at? and you say you got about a 1-2% yes rate + other calls? just wonderin. thanks.

8. CleanCuts

CleanCuts LawnSite Member

I just printed some myself pretty cheap. I bought the card stock at Wal mart and printed them at home. I got two per page, takes a little time though. Printing, cutting in half, then cutting circles to hang them by. Took a while but much cheaper for me!:clapping: