1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Flyer Distribution!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by greenL, Feb 14, 2008.

1. greenL

greenL LawnSite Member

Hey what do you guys think about getting a little excercise while distributing flyers. Has anybody ever tryed it and what are some of your own tactics?
  2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

3. greenL

greenL LawnSite Member

Couldn't find anything about riding a bike.
  4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

well you didnt really say you wanted to ride a bike..... you would have to be moving your bike every house, unless the houses there are a ways apart. what do you do with your bike once you get to your desired neighborhood, chain it to a tree and then move to the next street? You can't put flyers in mailboxes so if you were planning on riding by and shoving it in the mailbox that won't work.
  5. greenL

greenL LawnSite Member

haha thats pretty funny that is what I wanted to say or at least that was what I was thinking, sorry about that. (Thats kinda how my day has been today)
  6. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a kid do it on an electric scooter.. was SUPER fast. :)
  7. mowinginva

mowinginva LawnSite Senior Member

We took our car and parked, visited several doors, one of us moved the car, continued door to door, and on and on.:walking: You get some exercise doing that.
  8. 82pacecar

82pacecar LawnSite Member

I use doorhangers and place a flyer in them and hang them from the mailbox flag. I

haven't had any one call me and yell and scream about it. I wait till later @ nite and

drive my truck...can cover more neighborhoods that way.
  9. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

I would advise against that.

Its against the law and if your post master decides too, they will pull every one of your flyers and fine you for each one and charge you postage for each one and then they throw them in the trash.
  10. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I get flyers on my mailbox flag every week, and from huge companies like Owens Corning (their basement refinishing system), Domino's Pizza, Pizza Hut, Comcast, Verizon, ect.

I'm not saying its legal, but its obvious their not enforcing it in my area. I have talked to LCO's that do mailbox flags every year and have been doing so for 10 years plus.