Flyer hand out

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by gaulk, Jan 14, 2004.

1. gaulk

gaulk LawnSite Member

Last year Handed out 600 flyer's took 4 ever (5 days 4hr days) so this year in order 2 get more production I was thinking ,put flyer's in clear baggy drive around hitting all drive ways, since mail boxes are so touchy.I feel 1000 should not take long at all . Poss 2 days looking 4 feed back

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

What do you mean in driveways?
    You mean just throw them in the driveway?
    Won't they blow away? Or will you be putting a few rocks in the bag so they don't blow away?

I don't know. I'm not too keen on that idea. This is just my opinion, but I think that it looks kinda sloppy. And if it was my driveway, I wouldn't like to have to pick it up.

Believe me I know, passing out fliers can be tedious. But I don't think dropping them in the driveway is the way to go.

3. gaulk

gaulk LawnSite Member

I would put couple of rocks in the bag,just trying to think of ways to get volume out .1000 will take a long time on foot ,does any one have any ideas? By the way my target area is aimed at developments with 1-2 acre lots. Big area,not so many houses

4. 1MajorTom

Yes, agreed that will take a long time.
    But I envision these properties to have long driveways. Seems to me, the people would end up driving up over the flyer on their way to the garage. How many are going to want to stop their car to get out and pick up this flyer? Some may just think it is a piece of garbage that blew on their property and won't even bother with it.
    What about newspaper boxes? Do these home have those? Maybe you could put your flyer in the newspaper box?

Or depending upon your advertising budget, maybe you could send out postcards to these homes?

If you are going to put the effort into targeting this neighborhood, then you might as well take the time and figure out the most effective way you can reach these people. You don't have tons of choices. Either take the time to walk these flyers or doorhangers up to their doors, send them your advertisement thru the mail via postcard format, put the fliers in newspaper boxes if they have them, or throw them in the driveway. And throwing them in the driveways would be my last choice if it was me.

5. bigamp

bigamp LawnSite Member

a

6. bigamp

bigamp LawnSite Member

order post card and mail them out in the rich neighborhood

7. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

If you tossed it in my driveway, I would report you to the police for littering, same with the mail box if there is not a stamp on it I would alert the post master, and in most nicer neighborhoods you are not aloud to solicited, so becarefull when you hang fliers on doors, my neighbors call the police every time someone comes around the neighborhood. My point here is don't break the law!!!!

Just spend the money to have postcards made Or Fold your flier and put a stamp on it then put it in the mail box. That is legal

Cheap Place for postcards is "vistaprint.com"

8. gaulk

gaulk LawnSite Member

I thougth this was a good idea,boy i sure am taking a beating on this one .Thanks 4 the fead back also looked in 2 post cards will cost about 2000. 4 about 4000. cards lot of doe hoping with 1000 flyers should get 10 responces poss with postcard may get 2 much work it does not add up this point looks like I will need a good pair of walking shoes.

9. 1MajorTom

Know any teenagers that are looking to make a few bucks?
    Any nieces or nephews that wouldn't mind passing the flyers out? In return you could either pay them or treat them and a couple of their friends to pizza and movies.
    Obviously you would want to use someone that you could trust and was dependable. If you can find someone, that would save you all the walking and hassle.

10. BIG

BIG LawnSite Member

This is an industry dedicated to making properties look there best. Don't you think that throwing these flyers on people's driveways seems a little out of character in our line of work?

I recently went door to door and handed them out to the people face to face. I think that people will appreciate being able to associate a face with the name.