Flyer idea

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FinalCut05, Feb 20, 2006.

1. FinalCut05

FinalCut05 LawnSite Member

I went to dgpink.com and am ordering 2500 of these. What do u think? I'm not a master at photo shop by any means so It may seem kind of rough. I like it and let the season begin. Oh, it took me 12 hours to get this done! :dizzy:

Attached Files:

2. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

looks pretty good. One question though, the black where your name is on the front,is it a screen or a solid? if its a solid you may have a couple of issues. 1. it can look linty unless you are using gloss paper. 2. the black can tend to be a little inconsistent. (my full time job is printing,also I did the same type of thing when I ran my first set of flyers about 5 years ago, so I want to keep you from having the same issue.) anyway, ask the people printing them about it (always ask lots of questions!) just my 2 cents, hope it helps.:rolleyes: Jeff

3. FinalCut05

FinalCut05 LawnSite Member

im pretty sure they are using a glossy coated paper. what do u mean by a screen or solid.

thanks
    tony

4. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have a magnifing glass you can look at almost any picture, newspaper pictures for example are screens, when you look at them there is hundreds of dots, usually just 4 colors (red, yellow, blue, and black) that is what gives the picture the color and image it has. If it is a solid there will not be dots and no white paper showing what-so-ever. I probably didn't explain it very well, but if you get a chance look at a colored picture in the newspaper.

5. Sin City Lawn Care

Sin City Lawn Care LawnSite Member

ok so just out of curiosity I went to "www.dgpink.com" and found that the site is ad site. Also, are these going to be 8.5x11? If they are you are doing 4 color glossy, probably 60 pound paper, I am guessing...if so you will be looking at anywhere from 1200 - 2000 dollars to print that. Just to make sure you are aware..good luck

6. UtahGrassBust

UtahGrassBust LawnSite Member

Just an idea to save money

Instead of 1 8x10, I split the page into (2) 4x10s
    Double the flyers or half the cost however wanna think about it

7. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

On the back, you should use either "we" or "I". Not Both...

8. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Go to postcardmailer.com before you do anything else.I had 5000 color bi fold brochures printed for a little over $500.Also,you can download templates to use as a base for your design size.
    If you need any help,pm me and I'll get back with you as soon as I can.Personally,I don't care for the design.It's too plain and not what a brochure should look like.Nothing personal :D

9. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I am old, My eyes are bad. I had to look real hard to find your phone #

10. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

Hate to say it but I don't like that font at all.. eww

Nice pic Utah, :laugh: