Flyer Ideas, HELP

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by fiveohpoepoe, Jul 29, 2009.

1. fiveohpoepoe

fiveohpoepoe LawnSite Member

Ive racked my brain to come up with a good/professional/informative flyer for plugging this fall. Needless to say, Ive come up empty.:confused:

Im asking for ideas how to get attention and the point across. My main problem is too much, so imo, the person reading will get bored too quick and throw it away.

I would greatly appreciate a copy, your ideas or mock ups of a flyer. If you have a flyer "trademarked", I will change the wording.

Thanks Tony

2. Murphy's LawnCare

Murphy's LawnCare LawnSite Member

Plan-itgraphics go look at theirs they are very pro looking and will give you a good idea...or just let them do it.

3. fiveohpoepoe

Definitely something I would be interested in, WHEN I get established. Ive been police for 15 years now and have always done lawn care, 4 years with my own "business". But plugging is the only part I am getting back into for fall and spring. Ive got the equipment, I just need the clients. My buddy put a small demo together for me, but what I am mainly looking for,again, until I am established, is the wording to put on a flier.

Thanks for the link, they really have good feedback. Tony

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

If you want the flyer to grab people's attention it needs to have color and graphics. The graphics don't need to be elaborate but just something that will catch the person's attention. Make sure to provide the basic info, like company name and contact info. But also include the benefits of your service, basically tell the customer how this service will better their lawn. Don't put too many words on it as to make it look cluttered.

5. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is the basic design on what I put out, it was going to be in color, but that was too expensive, so I just printed on bright paper. Sorry about the watermark, the scanner software is a trial version. :hammerhead:

Tell me what you think

Flyer-Yellow Copy.jpg

6. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

7. fiveohpoepoe

Great info THC..I tried to put something together this morning, its still coming out too long. I do not have the knack for putting this together

8. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't do it then, let a printer do the art work and the printing.. you don't have to go full colour either. I found that prices on the flyers are helpful, I basically collect flyers and take the best ideas off them. But I have Illustrator and photoshop etc. I see people on here doing there own flyers with Word and for the most part they look horrible.

You should search for a guy named bigw he put pics of his mailer on the site and talked about the response he got. He just started last spring which btw, is the best time to advertise. I'm not sure if you'll get any response this time of year.

9. fiveohpoepoe

My focus isnt to put out 1k fliers, just 2-300. I have gotten 23 so far just speaking with co workers, and they are asking their neighbors/family. My goal is 60-80, but I 50 would be a good start. Mainly to pay off the equipment.

10. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

For a kid that's pretty impressive! I bet he got a lot of calls off that to be honest.