Flyer Poll!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by STL Ponds and Waterfalls, Feb 20, 2007.

1. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

LAWNCARE

Relax, we got it!

123-456-7899

What does everyone think? Looking for feedback on a straight to the pont type ad. Something like 1-800 GOT JUNK
    This flyer will hit 10K homes in a mailed insert

2. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

I dont see anything try loading it again

3. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

LAWNCARE

Relax, we got it!

123-456-7899

What does everyone think? Looking for feedback on a straight to the pont type ad. Something like 1-800 GOT JUNK
    This flyer will hit 10K homes in a mailed insert

4. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

MAYBE....( <----- that's a big maybe )

You will have some success due to the 1/3 law.

1/3 Will NEVER buy what you have no matter what.
    1/3 Will ALWAYS buy because they are in the market.
    1/3 Will Buy if they become "sold" on your product.

This is what they use in cold-calling, so your results won't be identical but the people will fall into these categories....unless they fall into the "other 1/3" who just throw it away...yes, I can do math, it is sort-of tongue-in-cheek

5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I don't see anything...

6. who is doing flyers manualy or mail ordered whats the call back % with the 2 , i hand deliver to mailboxes or right to the door, im looking to do it a better way is pre paid postage better , im interested to hear everyones experaince
    thanks

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats because he didn't post anything. He was just asking us to judge his text, which is somewhat pointless, as far as I can see.

Cheers
    Jeff

8. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

What's POINTLESS? Asking for advice!

9. thefed

thefed LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

i think its definately worth trying. unfortunately, nobody has the juevos to distribute something like that on a big scale... ive considered something similar, but never got around to trying it yet (it IS a risk)

10. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

I think that "Lawncare" is a more positive/sterile term that might not yield the response you are seeking. Maybe try "Yardwork", a picture of an overwhelmed John Q. Homeowner all worn out, or something like those that make it seem that Lawn Maintenance is a huge hassle.

I can picture it... I guy (middle-age & balding) with grass & grease all over him with a semi-angry/semi-distraught look on his face with "Relax, we got it! STL Ponds & Waterfalls" or whatever your biz name is for this and the number.

I think that might convey your message better and drive it home in the mind of John Q. Homeowner to pass the hassle to an expert. What do you think?