Flyer Prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grimoe, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Grimoe

Grimoe LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Well, I wake up this morning, and I notice a flyer on my front-door. I look at it, and see these prices. :realmad: Are these prices cheap, or am I to high?

[​IMG]
    Click To Enlarge

2. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

Seems cheap to me!!

3. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

$50 to rake and bag per 1000 sq ft. That seems high too me.So if the yard is 5,000 sq ft it will cost $250.

4. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

If I can get those rates Ill sell it all day long.

Theres no deal there......

5. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, most of the rates seem pretty high for per/1000K, except the overseeding seems out of line compared to aeration or dethatching prices. Seed and starter fert should be figured in to be at least higher than the aeration price. Other than that, I think the prices are a come on... really, try to get him to come over and just aerate 1,000 sq.ft. rope it and stake it off for him and say thats the spot and see what happens. LOL.

Kevin

6. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

flyer said UP TO 1000 sq ft. different rates apply to more than a 1000 sq ft. yes that is cheap. some little kid trying to start out.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Fertilizing at 10 per 1K is not cheap here. I wish I could get that I would quit mowing.
    The presentation looks a little cheesy with rates for front and backyards, what the heck is the difference? Does fertilizer cost more in the backyard?

I can see some people call just because they are price shoppers and they see a low number but the final price will turn them away.

8. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Prices look good! 1000 sq ft is only 32'x32'. That would take 5 minutes with a 21" at the most, or $180 per hour.

Raking $50, that would take about 15 minutes with heavy leafs.

$10 for fertilizer, what kind of fertilizer? Most, 5 lbs would cover it and about 5 minutes of work.