Flyer Question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by HOMETOWNLAWNCARE, Mar 11, 2009.

1. HOMETOWNLAWNCARE

HOMETOWNLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I just recently ordered 15,000 professional flyers, and I was wondering if anybody had any unique ideas as to how to get them out there the right way. I have been putting them in envelopes, writing "To our neighbors" on the front and putting an envelope sticker of my name, address, and a Texas A&M logo (the school I graduated from). We have been putting these on front doors. I am attaching my flyer to also see if I could get some feedback. Does anybody who has done this for a long time recommend a better way of distributing flyers? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. BD Bone

BD Bone LawnSite Member
    from USA

Door hangers and direct mail. That is your best bet. I like your flyer by the way... did you design it yourself? It is nice. At 15,000 to distribute, you stand a pretty good chance of getting some calls and business... or else something is wrong.

3. maintenanceman

maintenanceman LawnSite Member

We put ours in newspaper boxes (next to mail boxes) on the weekends. Seems to work well for us.

4. HOMETOWNLAWNCARE

what is a newspaper box? Do you think the idea of putting a personal touch of writing "to our neighbors" and then putting the flyer in an envelope and placing it in their front door is a good bet?

5. maintenanceman

maintenanceman LawnSite Member

Well, we're out in the country a bit and they put the daily newspaper in its own box next to the mail box. Easy to put a flier in there and there are no rules against it.

6. HOMETOWNLAWNCARE

I had a little help with the design. Taradel.com does an excellent job with their design team. I used a girl named Jennifer that was great, and honestly she did most of the work.