Flyer questions

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mike lane lawn care, Jan 12, 2006.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello, i am new to this site and somewhat new to land scaping. i will be starting this year with a 44" 2006 simplicity broadmoor, an echo trimmer, a crasftsman blower/vac, and a toro 21" walk behind. my big question is how to advertise on a small budget. attached is my potential flyer. any comments, good or bad will be welcomed. thanks.

Attached Files:

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Get Guerilla Marketing for Free from a bookstore or library. Print up your flyers and distribute in a neighborhood close by, use door hanges as well, put signage on your truck and trailer and above all do great work. There will be more word of mouth and walk up clients than anything else so the good quality of work will speak volumes. Also act as professional as possible, this will help immensely when dealing with clients.

3. allisland

allisland LawnSite Member

check your spelling and don't over advertise price because you don't want to look desperate give a sale ex. 15% off or a coupon. Also list the service's you provide and think of a phrase like "get your property in the grass LANE" good luck.

4. mike lane lawn care

Here is a re-designed flyer, as i am sure this one has much to be improved, comments are greatly welcomed.:waving:

Attached Files:

5. Hack

Hack LawnSite Member

I would take mulching off the flyer. It puts more work on your mower and most places don't think of it unless you mention it. Just a suggestion.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

The graphics look good. Since you are just starting out and are on a limited budget I think that it will work out good for you

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I'm with you on this. everything looks great except for "mulching is standard".

8. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

One thats important that nobody is saying is to put on there Licensed and Insured but only if you are I hope. Other than that looks good and Welcome to Lawn Site!:waving:

9. mike lane lawn care

thanks for the info guys. i have one more question, how should i distibute them around my area? mailing, handing out, leaving it at the door, or a combination?

10. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

I would get rid of the mower graphics and add grass or leaves or something...I used to use a walk-behind mower in my logo and everyone thought we were a mower repair shop or something..