1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Flyer Questions??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TimmayB4, Mar 2, 2008.

1. TimmayB4

TimmayB4 LawnSite Member
    from OB,MS

I live in Memphis Tn and have been in the biz for over 3 years now, i have more help this year and I am thinking of passing out about 10,000 flyers. My questions are How many customers can I expect off those flyers and then when does everyone think is the best time to pass them out. Thanks for the responses
  2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Depending on your location and the saturation rate of LCOs in your area you can expect between 1% to 4% return rate but the "average" is more along the lines of 2%. So for every 500 flyers you distribute you should expect around 10 calls.
  3. fparella

fparella LawnSite Member
    from ma

I hear you T...the last thing any of us need in a forum like this is to be insulted when all we really want is some advise. Having said that I think it would depend, to a large extent, on the quality of your flyer, the particulars of your market etc. but I have used them in the past and had limited results. I've done as well with homemade ones as I have expensive personalized direct mail pieces. Good Luck and I would be curious to hear back how you make out.:drinkup:

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

I set up my advertising last week 40,000 flyers & business size card ad in local weekly paper. The fun starts next week hoping to get another crew on the streets.
  5. Weekes

Weekes LawnSite Member

Honestly I think bohiaa was kidding. But hey any........ I find that my percentage is 1-2%, but increases when I focus around the houses I already take care of. They start to recognize name and such and can ask their neighbor about you.