Flyer strategy

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FineScapes, Jan 20, 2004.

1. FineScapes

FineScapes LawnSite Member

When is the best time to put out flyers from yalls experience(southeast). Also how many times do you recommend flyers to the same house. I've had luck with a few different ways but are flyers really hit or miss. Or is it the design or pro look of the flyer?
    advertising is an option but i don't think im their yet. i do like the post card but maybe im simple minded in liking flyers. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY THE BEST WAY TO GET 15 NEW CUSTOMERS IS?

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

If i did do it which i dont i would do it in late Feb to Mid march

3. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Enscribe "HIRE ME" in their lawn with your trimmer and threaten to scalp their whole yard if they refuse!

Then again, this may result in 15 new criminal charges against you in you local municipal court.:rolleyes:

B

4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

finescapes - you will find A LOT of info on flyers. do a search. i would also check out the "elements of business'' forum.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

late feb to early march. Put an average price on the flyer for the area you are distributing in. And put what other services you offer.

6. BB36

BB36 LawnSite Member

I wouldn't recommend putting any price on your flyer. From my experience these future/potential clients will try to hold you to that price.
    Just my 2 cents.

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Finescapes,

Here is a quote from this post.

"Personally I would wait until February to start your advertising.

I just think January is a little too early. People are still recovering from their Christmas purchases, and I think the last thing on their mind in January is hiring a lawn service.

This year we are going to try the door hangers to target a few select areas that we want.
    Up here in PA, the season if it's an early one, won't start until at least March, so we'll be hanging them in the middle of February."