Flyer: Suggestions Before IT Goes To Print

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by drobin, Oct 17, 2009.

1. drobin

drobin LawnSite Member

Here is the flyer I have been working on with the help of some guys on this site. Suggestions comments appreciated.

Turff_Doctor[1] final.jpg

2. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

very nice.

3. sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

hate to be picky, but that lawn don't look to good to me..... at least not good enough for a flyer....

4. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Well said. I wasnt going to say anything cause its better than 95% of the ones I've seen. Maybe just find some perfect looking stock photo.

5. drobin

drobin LawnSite Member

yeah , maybe I can back up the photo so inperfections are less noticable

6. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

what that lawn is green and lush. Nope its not striped but that lawn is a very nice lawn, anyone can see that.

7. sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

it is not green and it is not flush, there are lots of grey to lightish green/brown shadings. the flyer itself is a nice one, but the lawn in my opinion needs to be a better photo.

8. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

yeah I guess I see that better now.

9. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with the above posts in that the lawn does look a bit off color in spots. Overall very nice.

Nobody noticed that "Guaranteed" and "equipment" and "operated" are all spelled wrong? Potential customers will question "Turf Doctor's" knowledge. Also, you should add "a" before "free soil analysis"

And the opening line about the lawn being attacked is directly from a Scott's radio ad.....

And dont be surprised if someday the green thumb company has an issue with your name. I think RIC had a problem with that.

Sorry, had to look a little deeper than just the pic of the lawn.

Bryan

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  10. drobin

drobin LawnSite Member

Wow, Im really not illiterate -I promise. lol This flyer looks like TURF DOCTOR dropped out of school in the third grade.LOL
    This is exactly why I did this, im getting excellent feedback for improvement.
    About the name, I'm curious to hear more because in NY I was isssued a DBA because no one else in the county is operating under this name. I know that doesn't exclude me from a lawsuit. Did he have to go to court?