Flyer Vs. Door Hanger

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dynogt16, Mar 4, 2013.

1. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

Gotprint.com is the best IMO. great service

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Yup digital lizard is my local one. Only problem is no band-it devices or post-it-note peel and stick adhesives. :cry:
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. dynogt16

dynogt16 LawnSite Member
    from INDIANA

I found one. Going with half flyers(black letters green paper). 1000flyers $35. it should work if this year goes well. Next year i'll have a bigger adverting budget.

4. Exact Rototilling

I called Adeas today. Will decide by Monday Tuesday...? Since I'm not full service I may be better off with limited runs of flyers in full color off my laser printer and more service specific...?

:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. soduniformscs

soduniformscs LawnSite Member

Hello everyone, I've used Gotprint.com in the past and they do awesome work. Their door-hangers have both the adhesive backing and door nob hole so that every door gets one. They also have a graphics department to make you and your business look professional. (Note: We're not affiliated nor do we endorse them.)

That being said, if you're going to door hang, you should definitely have a safety vest and hat to be very visible and obvious to the neighborhood that you're a professional landscaper. This will give you the look and put good old "Grandma Jones" at ease.

We'd be happy to give you a quote on customized hats and vests with your logo. Check us out at www.soduniforms.com to see our selection of apparel and uniforms. Don't forget to use the coupon code LAWNSITE for 20% off until 3/15.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks everyone,

6. Exact Rototilling

Sure enough today I drove through my service area neighborhoods and saw "some guy" with a orange or lime green saftey vest knocking on doors...waiting for an answer....?

Honestly the high.visibility vest will get attention but once the resident sees that it's just some guy peddling XYZ...that would probably irk me personally if I lived in a development. I'd think..., "what...no gas leak...get OUT".
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. soduniformscs

soduniformscs LawnSite Member

Totally agree, if you're going to wear a safety vest without your company logo on both the back and left chest, you may as well be anyone. People will have different reactions to your presence, but at least they know you're there to do business. One thing we've always done with our canvassers is send them in pairs. It tends to keep both the canvassers and householders at ease.