1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Flyer, what do you all think of this

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by waterboy1, Feb 15, 2007.

1. waterboy1

waterboy1 LawnSite Member
    from AL

echeandia: Here ya go, how does this one look.

Jason

Attached Files:

2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I get your trying to increase the incentive from $7.50 to $50 in my example based on your offer. But here is the general problem I have with "free" offers. They aren't free. There is always a catch. So from the consumers standpoint they are going to start off being suspicious. This is also true for percent off offers.

My advertisements do not mention dollar costs. I speak to peoples emotions. I talk about how they can avoid working in the sun to avoid that dreaded weekly chore. I talk about how good they will feel when they drive up and their lawn and home looks terrific. You get someone fired up about those things and they will pay top dollar.

You see a lot of brochures on this site that are similar to yours. Sure they work and get people to sign up. But what are they leaving on the table? Could they have charged more? Could they have better prospects calling?

Don't think small.

3. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

FREE, How stupid do you think people are? You guys want a flyer that will work, make you money and bring in tons of new customers. Offer a one time mowing, of lets just say $30. Let them know this is a one time opportunity. Once you have done the service leave a bill and then ask them if they are interested in further service. Customers are more willing to sign up once they have seen how good a job you can do. Other customers just like to have their lawn professionally cut once. This is a win/win situation. You get yards to mow, and customers get a chance to try you out. You dont buy a car without a test drive, so dont expect customers to sign up for a service, not knowing if you're any good.

4. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

yeah what the other mow2nd said.

SHAKE-N-BAKE!!

5. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

Last time I checked this was a place for beginners in this field to come and ask questions....

Not a place for some dimwitted ******* to blatently put someone else's hard work down...

If this guy is anything like me he's got a lot on his plate and he's doing his best with what he's got....

6. Lawns by Steve

Lawns by Steve LawnSite Member

Amen brother!:clapping:

7. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

OMG..................I JUST TOLD THE GUY HOW HE COULD HELP HIS BUSINESS AND MAKE SOME CASH, DA## DON'T YOU READ.