Flyer... will it work?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by brjohnso, Apr 17, 2006.

1. brjohnso

brjohnso LawnSite Member

Just trying to see if I'm missing something. I'm thinking up a slogan to put in the same format as the logo. But there's a bit of space there for now. Any input would be appreciated.

2. lazyike

lazyike LawnSite Senior Member

You promise at a price no competitor can match??????

If so I have 395 lots a competitor bid at 5.00 a lot are you going to beat that like you promise???

Sorry about sounding blunt but dont make promises that you might not be able to keep.

3. brjohnso

brjohnso LawnSite Member

We're trying to hit neighborhoods with flyers in different price ranges... our thinking was we could give very reasonable quotes for zero-lot line neighborhoods. Just trying to get the image in their head that buying new equipment after moving from an apartment could actually hurt in the long run due to rising gas prices, new blades, or any repairs it may have. It's more profitable to us because we could do several yards in a hour. We have the same layout but with a different pitch for middle-class and upper-class neighborhoods respectively. Any advice on a pitch? How bout the design? Thanks for the input.
  4. dtelawncare

dtelawncare LawnSite Member

The disign looks ok to me. Clean and professional looking, however, the promising part might bite in the rear. You might get a smart ^$& that get some kid to give him a price. You can't make money at anything lower and turn down the bid. The he tells everybody you have false advertising. I would take out the promising, but leave everything else the same.
  5. brjohnso

brjohnso LawnSite Member

How bout if I say something to the effect of "Lawn care doesn't have to come with a big price tag either. We promise to provide affordable lawn care service." This way I'm promising to make my estimates affordable for all.
  6. texas

texas LawnSite Member

that sounds much better.:)
  7. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I would break up that paragraph and add a graphic also that zero-lot thing is confusing. My first thought was that you were talking about ppl with no lot to speak of or no yard rather.
  8. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I think the flyer is different then most. I like the clear cut design. I agree with others that your paragraph should be changed around alittle bit. You dont want to be promising lowest prices. If you want to market on prices, you could say something like providing quality services at affordable prices.
  9. brjohnso

brjohnso LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the advice guys. I've taken all of it into consideration and made the appropriate changes. If anyone else wants to offer advice, please do so... the more people that look at it, the less chance I have of losing a potential customer. Thanks in advance.
  10. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

My thoughts are pretty much the same as the others above. I wouldn't make that promise if I was on the verge of going out of business. I would promise "Quality and Care that no one else can match", or something to that effect. But I do like the layout and it is crisp and clear. Good job!