1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Flyer work

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grassrootz, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Grassrootz

Grassrootz LawnSite Member

Please comment on my flyer. I am new to the business, but have a marketing and sales background, along with computer skills to make most of my own flyers, business cards, website, and logo's.
    Since I am new I would like for comments on my most recent flyer that is about to go to print.

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

looks pretty snazzy. I like it alot. How do you plan to distribute them?
  3. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

I personally don't care for it when people put the fish or other Christian implications in their business image --as if by being Christian implies something about one's business. There are too many examples to the other course... TV evangelists top the list right after Catholic priests, followed by a thousand others. I think it repels more than it attracts.

But that's your personal choice.
  4. Grassrootz

First run is 1000 of them, and I will be placing them door to door. Other cost effective suggestions please share.

I actually revised this a little last night and printed 4 per page, cut them with a fiskars rotary cutter setting it up so I only had to do 2 cuts, which made some real nice flyers. This brought my cost down to only .03 cents a flyer, or $30.00 per 1000. When I start refilling my own ink cartridges I will be able to keep the cost down around $12.00 to $15.00 per 1000 flyers. Sure beats Office Max which wanted to charge me .59 cents a color copy, which would end up costing $590.00 per 1000 :D

I will also be making my own door hangers soon.
  5. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks very good!
    You asked for critique, looking at whole sheet, eye is drawn down to darker green at bottom.
    I realize that's where your phone number is, but this isn't a POP ad, I'd rather make the business name a little larger and more the focal point, they'll find the phone number.

But, it is very good, professional quality look. Ever do this as a side line? Might be interested.
    Good luck Galveston
  6. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I also print my own stuff on an inkjet, the only drawback is dont let them get wet
  7. Grassrootz

Yes, what do you need? Do you have a website? or the need for one? Wasn't sure since you live in Louisiana! :D Just joking!!!

most of my family live in Eunice, LA.

Thanks for the tips.
  8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Looks great. Lose the fish.
  9. polecat63

polecat63 LawnSite Silver Member

Looks great! Keep the fish! Be bold in your faith!
  10. Grassrootz

I know this is not the forum to be talking about our religious ways, but I will make a breif comment since the fish appears to be in question. btw, thanks for sharing your views, and comments!

As far as removing the fish I'll have to pray about that... I believe I already have the answer since God told me to put it on there in the first place, and he is the one who placed me in this business. Success stories to follow.

Thanks for the support brother! I prayed about it today in church and was looking for confirmation, and now I have yours with many others I have talked to.

Thanks to all... Grassrootz