Flyer %

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WoodBrothersLC, Feb 23, 2005.

1. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

We put out 175 of the 500 flyers after school today. So far, we haven't gotten any calls. Since we have gotten all of our 25 lawns by word of mouth and no flyers, our question to our fellow lawnsiters is how many calls can we expect from 500 flyers. Thanks for your time.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

probably about 1-5 calls.

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

varies but general rule of thumb is 1%. So for 175 you are looking around 1-2 calls.

4. WoodBrothersLC

Needless to say, we've got our work ahead of us.

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Hard to tell, I think it's a mixture of things. The flyer being in the right place at the right time, a decent looking designed flyer, and a little luck. I'd say if you get 5 calls off of 500, you are doing good.

6. WoodBrothersLC

When do you think that one should stop passing out flyers in the evening? We started at 3:45 today since we had school and stopped at 5:00 figuring that people would be heading home from work or having dinner and might find it rude to be passing them out at that time. In your opinion would you think it was rude to continue passing out flyers until say...6:00?

7. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I plan on 1/2 of 1%, so for 500 I would plan on 2-3 jobs.
    What I do is pick some good neighborhoods and pass out flyers in Jan, Feb, and the 1st of March. The hoods that I get work in I try to build up a lot more so we can get the "1 stop- lots of work" thing going. We use the White Pages on the net and mail to the house that we will be in the hood.
    Than we do great work!

8. WoodBrothersLC

Thanks for the idea. What is your opinion on what time to stop passing out flyers?

9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

My town has an ordinance about the hours a solicitor can actually solicit. So my advice would first be to check with the towns you are targeting.

10. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Last year handed out 800 flyers. 32 calls and 18 actual customers came from the flyers. And the flyers werent all that great as far as appearance. Maybe it was the bright green paper I printed them on?