Flyers; Am i being evasive?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MonsterMowing, Feb 18, 2006.

1. MonsterMowing

MonsterMowing LawnSite Member

My flyer's states i will do a Spring Clean Up Service + basic mow as a one promotional offer for $55.00. What i don't want is a one time deal and taken advantage of. My offer does not mention you have to sign a one year contract to get this very cheap service. Is this wrong? It does state " call today for your appointment" thats when i would mention the contract part. I haven't distributed them yet, waiting to hear from anyone who can put my mind at ease.

2. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

it's ingenious , but when you hit them with the stipulations they will run. first off remember unless you have a written contyract they can pull out at any time and it is your word against theirs .plus never do anything for a fixed price .you might get over on a few but when a biggie hits you you will regret the 55.00 for anything price .

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

so if your the same monstermows form toledo who was banned an few days ago they will catch up with you and remove you , if not that is sure a strange choice of names..

and if your not the same guy, you might want to change it.:waving: .

and to answer your question what if the spring cleen up takes 3 hours, you will get screwed... spring and fall cleanups should be billed by the hour only...

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

$55 for a mow and a clean up-- Way too cheap... No don't do it.

5. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

no offence that doesnt make any sense to me.

6. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I am not trying to be offensive, but did you think this pricing through. You could really be loosing your shirt on this one. I personally would not do it.

7. MonsterMowing

MonsterMowing LawnSite Member

All the information and opinions really help. To be honest i had these flyers printed up when i first started and was looking for a way to use them this year instead of throwing them out. Thanks for helping me make up my mind, they were thrown out with this mornings Thrash !! As to Daveintoledo i'm not whoever you think i am. I've never been out of the state of TEXAS. We're MONSTER MOWING LAWN CARE SERVICE. OWNER OPERATED and SOLO for now. Thanks again to all who responded!!!!!!!!!!:drinkup:

8. salandscape

salandscape LawnSite Member

I have offered in the past $50 off spring clean up with flyer, and $100 off with maintenance contract. They can work well, but they also tend to attract cheap folks. Most have turned into profitable customers some you will need to weed out because they will expect a deal on everything!