Flyers and rain?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by realtree27, Mar 18, 2006.

1. realtree27

realtree27 LawnSite Member
    from harrah

Do any of you guys pass flyers out in the rain?

2. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

You're kidding, right?

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Only when I need to bathe. :dizzy:
    it's the full deal, I take soap and shampoo too.

4. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, I do. I also mow when it's snowing and golf during electrical storms.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

5. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

I would not do flyers the the pouring rain, but a drizzle or light rain, sure espically if I cannot mow during that time. Make the best use of every minute that you should be working. A few might get wet, but you sure might get a new customer.:rolleyes:

6. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Also, to add to this it might help if you had flyer bags. I do not flyer in the rain, but that is not saying that I wouldn't.

7. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

If they get wet they go straight in the trash. At least in this house they do :)

8. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

You design your flyers while it is raining out. You pass them out when it stops! LOL

Tim:waving:

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have done them in the rain before, not a downpour, but normal rain. Take one out and leave it in the rain and see what happens to it. It gets wet, nnothing more, the ink wont run a single bit.

10. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

OK well it was just my opinion, but.. I did not mean leave it out in the rain. I mean putting it in the paperbox by the mail box. Unless it is pouring rain the flyer will not be soaked or probably have more thna a raindrop or two. So lawman, why would you take one out and leave it in the rain. Not good idea.