flyers arn't working anymore

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lildog132, Apr 10, 2005.

1. lildog132

lildog132 LawnSite Member

When I was 16 and younger I used to put my age on the fliers and I think that attracted customers more because they thought they would help out a neighborhood kid but now since I'm 18, I think it is stupid to put my age down and now when I pass out fliers, no one calls. I've passed out 700 fliers the last two days and have only gotten one call :realmad: What are some things that attract customers? Any examples of some fliers you guys have used out there?

2. bjslawnservice

bjslawnservice LawnSite Member

Hey,

Instead of putting your age on....How about what year you have been in business for. Ie, Est. 1996 I think thats what it is.

William Jordan

3. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

I don’t bother passing flyers out, I have pull-tab flyers, I put one in the pharmacy, and one in the realtors office, haven’t gotten any calls from the realtors office, but I get a lot from the pharmacy. I’ve gotten about 6 new customers from that alone, it works great, I have to go down their and replace the sign almost every week, its crazy. She also put the sign in a great location, so people have to look at it when they are getting their prescriptions. Plus the owners are one of my customers :drinkup:

Good luck

Oh Yea, make you flyers colorful and eye catching. Make it business oriented, don’t say how old you are.

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i put out 1200 flyers and got 18 calls now, the flyers went out 4 weeks ago....... i insert mine in a local paper at a small fee, seems they have been saving them and calling when they are ready....

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi lildog132,

Did you see any of these?