Flyers every house or no??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by coqui landscaping, Mar 17, 2009.

1. coqui landscaping

coqui landscaping LawnSite Member

Hey guys this is my first yr i have done this before but this is my first yr starting by myself now this is the situation an honest question to you more experienced players in the game i started my marketing campaign passing out fyers 2 weeks ago now my thing is every time I'm passing out i ask myself this question should i drive around from neighborhood to neighborhood passing EVERY house or leave at the houses that most needed now i know obviously if u can leave it in every single house it will be great but I'm asking this question with in mind that i dont have the money for thousands and thousands of flyers ????????????????:confused:

2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I think it'd be hard to judge who's likely to hire you. Folks who're in need of immediate lawn care don't likely have the $$$ to hire it out or they already would have...

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Wow that is one long sentence..If your offering just mowing, then yeh if it looks like a worthy house, then go for it.

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I've been back and forth on that issue.

I thought, hey, if the place doesn't look like they would hire me, then why put out a flier.

Then I realized that sometimes the dingy houses might be waiting for someone like me to leave a flier. Besides, even if you don't drum up business, your still getting the word out of who you are, and recognition always helps.

I figure one potential client for 100 fliers, so, I really couldn't find a reason to be picky about who I try and sell myself to.

5. honeydopm

honeydopm LawnSite Senior Member

I look at every house i pass as a potential client so i hit every one possible. I don't think there is a way to judge who would want your services and who wouldn't. Just use every advertising dollar you have to its full potential. I've had the best luck so far with my cheapest and in my opinion my worst advertising piece yet. Good luck

6. coqui landscaping

coqui landscaping LawnSite Member

thanx guys i do feel is true what you are saying but man im here in orlando florida and theres a house everywhere and i mean to cover a good area u need thousands and thousands of flyers

7. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

I drop at every house. I mean, if your walking in front of it why not drop a flyer? I dropped off 200 door hangers on monday and man my legs are sore! The winter has turned me into jello!

8. HulkXD

HulkXD LawnSite Member

The highlighted part is all I can concentrate on.... It's hard to read without punctuation.

To answer your question, I'd hit every house if I had enough fliers. If your advertising budget is tight, then you have to be choosy and hit the homes that look like they need someone, but also like they'd pay.

Good luck.

9. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Im still looking for tha clue in tha sentence!

Put one at every house!

10. leafitalawn

leafitalawn LawnSite Member

response rate is more like 2-4 per thousand here (.2% to .4%)...