flyers for lawn care

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JML, Nov 6, 2001.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

I am new to the lawn care aspect of this business but have been in the lawn maintenance/landscape design business for about 10 years. I recently passed my core, 3a, 3b test, and getting into lawn care. does anyone have any flyers that they use for attracting new lawn care accounts.... thanks

2. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

see PLCAA

3. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Yeah, I made up a really great flyer. But that is really the slow road to growth-but unfortunately, it is needed the first few years.
    I think you should personally leave them at the doors WITH a price per visit. THAT is what alotta people really want to know. Plus it keeps you from having to backtrack to quote prices. Just make sure you say everything you want them to know on it.
    And get to droppin' them. These big LCO's that have telemarketing divisions will be blanketing the area soon. Make sure they have yours first. Good luck.

4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

JLM good job in passing n.j. pesticide tests.
    you can go to your lesco they have ones that introduce lawn applications to new clients.
    i went that route and it cost $.
    i hooked up with a few GOOD-NEAT lawn cutting companys and they refer me the work.my job is to keep them cutting till december and they are happy.
    ant
    glassboro n.j.:cool:

5. Blade

Blade LawnSite Member

We use flyers to attract new customers. I would be interested to see what kind of response others are getting by using this advertising method. ex. maybe so many per hundred or thousand and if someone could tell me what kind of cost are involve in the print and distrubution.

It seems to me that it would be costly to go door to door.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Lesco listed a new bunch in their newsletter this month.

7. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I just got some clip art that i liked and made my own looks good and simple.

8. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

My cost is 2.5 cents per flyer. I used white paper,green ink.
    Going door to door is free, that is, you don't spend $$$ to do it. You only lose time where you could be making $$$. But in the late winter, most of us have extra time. I had about a 1% result which is normal IF you do not follow up. This year I am going to pre-qualify leads by calling certain areas asking if they will be interested in a price quote. This should raise the sales results to 20-30%. Most people are lazy about lawncare, and will even keep a Co. even if they are priced high or results are questionable. But if YOU call THEM and give them a good reason to switch, the odds are pretty good they will.