1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Flyers Help!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bobbybow3410, Nov 8, 2012.

1. bobbybow3410

bobbybow3410 LawnSite Member

So I have a bunch of flyers ready to hand out, but I need to know when the best time to hand them out is. So it's just snowed and there's a tiny bit of snow on the ground. Obviously people don't want to rake now as it is very hard so would it be best to hand out flyers today or another nice day. Basically, what's the best time to hand out flyers?
  2. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

For fall clean ups? I would look at your forecast and have them on the doors the next sunny/halfway decent day.
  3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

we have done door hangers in the past. We found that the day of the week the customer's trash is picked up makes a big different. We kept track of when we saw what days different neighborhoods put out there barrels, and tried to put the door hangers out 2 days before or after there collection.

Here is the thought process for this. Say the trash is collected on Tuesday.
    - Hand flyers out on Monday: homeowner comes home from work and goes to put the trash out for the fallowing morning. Your flyer goes directly in the barrel.
    - Hand flyers out on Tuesday: homeowner comes home from work and brings barrels in. Your flyer goes directly in the barrel.
    - Hand flyers out on Wednesday: homeowner who forgot to bring in barrels yesterday finally brings them in. Your flyer goes into the barrel.

- Hand out flyers Thurs/Fri the homeowner sees the flyer and has to walk out of the way in order to toss it out. There is a greater chance the homeowner will bring it into the house and look at it a little bit longer.