Flyers in Gated Neighborhoods

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Encino Lawns, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Encino Lawns

Encino Lawns LawnSite Member
    from TX

Has anyone ever got flack for flying a private neighborhood? I usually mail to these prospects but I saw a guy driving by the other day, while I was at one of my customer's house, throw a small bag sealed with two rocks and a business card in it on to the driveway! Looked like littering to me. Just Curious for feedback. Thanks

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If you're curious as to how to avoid complaints, don't worry too much about it because regardless of method, a complaint or two you will catch. It's one of the reasons I got tired of flyers, you always get one or two complaints, it never fails.

I would certainly watch out for neighborhoods that have signs specifically stating 'No Flyers' thou even 'No soliciting' is a big hint to 'dont do it.'

Far as the few complaints, way I used to handle them is ask them for their address and WRITE it down, then say you're sorry and promise you will never do it again (and then, make sure you don't - since you wrote down their address, just make sure you never stick another flyer there).