Flyers in the snow?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by suprman9019er, Feb 1, 2007.

1. suprman9019er

suprman9019er LawnSite Member

Do any of you guys pass out your spring cleanup/mowing flyers while there is still snow on the ground?

2. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Wait until snow is melted people arn't going to be thinking about mowing when they are shoveling. But you can still start to get your name out!

3. suprman9019er

yah thats what i seem to be hearing...I just want to make sure that my lawn care flyer is the first one that people get...What are other ways to get my name out other than flyers, Door to Door?

4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Nobody is thinking of cleaning up their yard until the snow is melted. But you know when it's time to start the cleanups. You have to get them out there a week or 2 before its time to do the cleanups. Kind of hit or miss. You dont want to be the last guy out there though. I start cleanups the third week of March and start advertising the first of March no matter what. Newspaper adds are cheap. So what if I only get one call. If I land it then the $30 it cost me to have it in the paper that week was worth it. Also you have to remember that people will call you when the need you to cut the grass, maybe the week before if they are on top of it. So again I want to make sure I'm advertising in late April too. So basically I try to advertise 2 weeks before start date and for 2 weeks after I start mowings.

5. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Advertising in your local newspaper will get your name out there

6. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

We don't do spring clean up's or mowing any longer, however we have been hanging door hangers for Lawn spraying the last two weeks in the snow, rain... miserable. Sold a little over 3K worth of spraying so far.

7. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

We have been getting calls all winter about about mowing, landscaping, fert, etc.. I am actually working on estimates now. It is weird measuring lawns with snow on the ground. This is kind of strange for us but we are a growing company so I guess these things happen.

8. suprman9019er

Yah up here around Detroit we got about 1-2" of snow but i will have my first batch of flyers out before March 1 no matter what, snow or no snow...and the second batch will be going out about mid march and there will quite possibly still be snow on the ground. So i guess what im saying is that im hoping people think about lawn care when there's snow on the ground :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: