Flyers inserted into a local paper, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by new2thebiz, Apr 25, 2005.

1. new2thebiz

new2thebiz LawnSite Member

I'm considering having flyers inserted into a small local news paper, they allow me to choose the areas that I want them to go out to, and charge 28.00 per 1000 flyers to stuff them, my service area will send out about 12000 flyers. Has anyone had success with this method?

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have done it the last 2 seasons in my local paper...Its a good way to get a lot of fliers out in a short time but it seems like when people have other ads to look through they get over looked.I didn't get the response I was looking for this year from that part of my advertising...not saying its a bad idea because I will probably do it again next year or switch over to postcards.If you do a search this topic has been discussed before maybe you can get some good info before making a decision.
    Good luck.

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i got all my customers that way, many weeks ago though....

4. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

"Works better than an AD" :)

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi new2thebiz,

If you do this, I would suggest putting in some kind of coupon or discount for a limited time only to get them to jump on your offer. If you need flyer design ideas review our free templates here.

6. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

MAN, $28?!?!? How often does that paper come out?

7. new2thebiz

new2thebiz LawnSite Member

[MAN, $28?!?!? How often does that paper come out?]

It goes out every saturday, and is a free paper, so pretty much everyone gets it.

8. CWilliams

CWilliams LawnSite Member

We had 6500 flyers inserted in our local paper. We received 3 phone calls and got 2 of the accounts. I was terribly disappointed in our response rate. However, we have sent out over a thousand postcards and have received a good response.

9. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

does this newspaper print the flyers for free for $28 per 1k and distribute or do you have to provide the flyer @ ur expense?

10. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like a great and cheap way to advertise. Go for it man